"What is a sudoku?" committee

"What is a sudoku?" committee

Postby Fred76 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Tom Collyer made an announcement on his facebook wall concerning the next committee in charged of answering the question: "What is a sudoku?"
He kindly suggested that I may be interested to contribute to it.
That's right, I may be interested, but first I have a few questions for the WPF board:

• For which reason wpf board think there is a need of this committee and a need of a definition of sudou? (just to be sure the reasons are not very different as mine).
  • In which way the report will be used?
  • What could be the reasons so that wpf board doesn't accept the report? (based on 2017 GA minutes, it is said that the board will discuss the report and can accept it or not).

Please, the people in the wpf who is in charge of reading this forum, communicate these questions to the board and answer them so that I can decide if I want to do some volunteer work the wpf.

Fred
Fred76

Re: "What is a sudoku?" committee

Postby Fred76 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 am

May I have answers to my questions, please?
Fred76

Postby WPF » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi Fred,

I am very sorry, I missed this back when it was posted. To your queries, here are the responses. They are quick responses to the questions but feel free to discuss a little more to gain clarity.

1. For which reason wpf board think there is a need of this committee and a need of a definition of Sudoku?

- The WPF Board believes in the need to have one common and comprehensive definition of a Sudoku in relevance to WPF competitions, so that participants of said competitions are well informed on what to expect.

2. In which way the report will be used?

- The proposal Tom submits will first be put to a vote within the Board itself. If it is accepted, the next step is to use it as an addition to the WPF guidebook for future WSC hosts, and also be implemented into the WPF GP rules as suitable.

3. What could be the reasons so that wpf board doesn't accept the report?

- For the most part, this is considered to be an overview step rather than a set of pre-listed objectives that have to be met or something of that sort. Its just good to have the Board review a proposal before implementing it in the way expressed in answer to question 2. So as such, there aren't any reasons put together at this point. If there are concerns with Tom's proposal, I'll ensure that they get through to Tom so he can communicate about the same and make amendments if need be.
Prasanna Seshadri
Director - World Puzzle Federation
WPF

Postby Fred76 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Thanks for your answers.
Fred
Fred76

Return to Public section