Director's work and salary

Re: Director's work and salary

Postby purifire » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:46 pm

Tom has put in huge efforts to get the report ready. I do not have adequate words to express my admiration for the pains taken by Tom in getting this done. However, getting the report ready is just half the work. It would be a travesty to see the report gather dust without being given consideration. I wanted to understand what is the next course of action decided upon, for this report? Will the discussions on it begin as and when Tom submits the final version or we going to wait to discuss this at the GA/Meeting during WSPC 2020? With the WSPC still 8 months away, it would be better if discussions within the board are initiated at the earliest. Irrespective of the decision taken by the board, I think a certain urgency in resolving this long pending issue is needed.

Also on a slightly unrelated topic, with the WSPC 2020 being hosted in China, and with the Corona Virus scare going around, has the board though of alternates or back up plans in case the virus issue doesn't die down by mid year?

Rishi
purifire

Postby WPF » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:57 am

Hi Rishi,

The board will definitely start discussing the next steps the moment the full report is submitted. We had already initiated the discussion right after WSC but decided to table it for when the report is completed.

The board is also monitoring the situation in China and discussing possibilities surrounding that. I don't have more details at this moment.
Prasanna Seshadri
Director - World Puzzle Federation
WPF

Postby Detuned » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:50 pm

For the life of me I cannot understand why you'd table any discussions :shock: :shock: :shock: I've been actively trying to keep discussions alive in various different channels to keep momentum going in the meantime. It's not as if the main content is suddenly going to change having already gone public with the draft...
Detuned

Postby purifire » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:16 pm

WPF wrote:Hi Rishi,

The board will definitely start discussing the next steps the moment the full report is submitted. We had already initiated the discussion right after WSC but decided to table it for when the report is completed.

The board is also monitoring the situation in China and discussing possibilities surrounding that. I don't have more details at this moment.

Thanks for the Update.

Rishi
purifire

Previous

Return to Public section