5. Time and Schedule

Moderator: WPF

5. Time and Schedule

Postby WPF » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:41 pm

This is a discussion about the section 5. Time and Schedule contained in the WPF guidebook that you can download here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=162
Prasanna Seshadri
Director - World Puzzle Federation
WPF

Re: 5. Time and Schedule

Postby Fred76 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:41 am

I think we need to discuss about the time schedule proposed for GP finals.

In 2013 and 2014, they happened at the end of the first day of each competition. It was discussed last year and decided it needed to be change and then this year it was happening before the 1rst day of each competition, as showned in the document.

I heard about the fact that it's not also a good solution for players. Some of them may arrive late on Sunday, lot of Jetlag for others, etc...

I had the chance to take part in the sudoku GP this year and have to confess the schedule was perfect for me, because I could arrive earlier in Sofia, but even without this the trip from Switzerland isn't very long and there is no substantial jetlag. After the GP final, I had much less pressure and felt more relaxed, which allowed me to do a good performance at WSC.
However I think it's not the ideal schedule and would like to hear the opinion of top players who took part in both schedules GP finals.
Fred76

Return to WPF Guide Book