1. WSC/WPC Host

Moderator: WPF

1. WSC/WPC Host

Postby WPF » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:42 pm

This is a discussion about the section 1. WSC/WPC Host contained in the WPF guidebook that you can download here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=162
Prasanna Seshadri
Director - World Puzzle Federation
WPF

Re: 1. WSC/WPC Host

Postby Fred76 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:58 am

In the section "The notification must include the following:", I would suggest to add:

- Estimated number of volunteers (markers and proctors) that will be available during the event.

I think this is a non negligeable part of the quality of the event to have enough people to do the essential work during the WSC/WPC week. Thus I think this information can be important for the WPF congress in order to chose the best candidate.
Fred76

Re: 1. WSC/WPC Host

Postby Fred76 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:20 am

I have a question concerning the phrase "WPF help (puzzle authors, financial support)":

How it goes when organizer ask the WPF for help concerning puzzle authors?
Does the WPF have an up-to-date list of potential authors in both discipline (sudoku and puzzle) that could help the organizer?

It's very easy to have quality puzzles for national events for example, as there are many great authors that can help you to provide them. The problem for worldwide event like WSC/WPC is that many of these authors are also players.
The question is that authors proposed by the WPF to help organizer should be aware of the evolution of the discipline: having an idea of the level of the competitors taking part, knowing and being able to create a lot of type of puzzles, including those which appeared recently, etc...
Fred76

Return to WPF Guide Book