WPF GUIDEBOOK

Moderator: WPF

WPF GUIDEBOOK

Postby WPF » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:45 pm

The WPF would like to standardize the rules for the WSC/WPC hosts.
You can find in attachment the draft version of the GuideBook.
All your comments, suggestions, proposals are welcome. You can find the following sections there:

1. WSC/WPC Host
2. Participants Rules
3. Financing
4. Site Selection
5. Time and Schedule
6. People Requirements
7. Web page
8. Media
9. Rules of the Competition (Puzzles)

Please select the topic and let us know your feedback.
Thank you very much
Hana Koudelkova
WPF Director
Attachments
Guidebook.docx
(37.11 KiB) Downloaded 528 times
Prasanna Seshadri
Director - World Puzzle Federation
WPF

Re: WPF GUIDEBOOK

Postby Fred76 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:39 am

Thanks for providing us this document.
I'm victim of serious insomnia since sunday (even back home it seems to continue the same way :o ) and had many thoughts about WSC during this time.
I'll try to make comments and propositions for the guidebook in the next days/weeks.
Fred76

Re: WPF GUIDEBOOK

Postby sf2l » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:04 pm

The guidebook already contains a reference to the Printable material (funnily enough, under the heading "FINANCING")

In my opinion it must be stressed not only that the paper for the competition sheets must be of good quality (80 g/sm ok) but also that the print quality must be adequate. Light paper and poor print quality may be acceptable on the booklet and on the solutions, but the competitors must be able to write and erase many times on the competition sheet without the ink fading away. Laser or typographic print recommended.
Negative example: Croatia 2012.
Also: the size of the cells used in the competition paper must be adequate to write digits, candidates etc. allowing for mistakes and cancellation. I found the size of the cells for the POKER BATTLE this year on the small size. We could have done with a print on A3 sheet.

Stefano
sf2l

Return to WPF Guide Book