WSC - Round 7

WSC - Round 7

Postby zuzka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:59 pm

Questions related to the Round 17
Zuzana Hromcová, WSC Tournament Director
zuzka
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:55 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby rob » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:57 am

Spoilers
  • Can you say something about the point values here? Are classics versus variants weighted roughly the same as elsewhere in the competition, or will the classics be harder than they appear by point value?
  • Does "incorrect rules" for a variant mean that the puzzle has no solution with those rules, or could it also mean multiple solutions?
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby zuzka » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:49 am

rob wrote:Spoilers
  • Can you say something about the point values here? Are classics versus variants weighted roughly the same as elsewhere in the competition, or will the classics be harder than they appear by point value?


The classics in this round are slightly undervalued since they serve as a shortcut to solving the corresponding variant. They are slightly more difficult that the points value would suggest (although your solving experience may differ).

rob wrote:Spoilers
  • Does "incorrect rules" for a variant mean that the puzzle has no solution with those rules, or could it also mean multiple solutions?


Each variant is solvable with exactly one of the given rules. Therefore, usage of other rules would lead to a contradiction.
Zuzana Hromcová, WSC Tournament Director
zuzka
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:55 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby rob » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:40 pm

There's a dot missing in the 2-consecutive solution, between 1 and 3 in row 5.
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby zuzka » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 pm

rob wrote:There's a dot missing in the 2-consecutive solution, between 1 and 3 in row 5.


Thank-you! We will check that.
Zuzana Hromcová, WSC Tournament Director
zuzka
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:55 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby zuzka » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:41 pm

*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

There is a little inconsistency between the instructions and the actual puzzle no. 8 (Variant 4). The dots described in the instructions are WHITE, while the dots in the competition puzzle are BLACK. Please count with this anomaly.

We will repeat this during the Q&A session and before the round itself.

Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Zuzana Hromcová, WSC Tournament Director
zuzka
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:55 am


Return to WSC/WPC 2016

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest