WPC - General Questions

WPC - General Questions

Postby Matus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:47 pm

General questions related to the WPC Instruction Booklet and competition rules.
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Re: WPC - General Questions

Postby rob » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Some general formatting suggestions: The grid lines for loop puzzles (e.g. Fences, Myopia) are very heavy, it would be great if those could be thinned and or spaced out for the competition puzzles. And some types like Fillomino and Cave would really benefit from having a dashed grid, since many solvers like to mark walls in these types.
rob

Postby metsy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Nothing important: On top of the pages from each round (for example page 8): 11 should be replaced with 25.
metsy

Postby Matus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:38 pm

metsy wrote:Nothing important: On top of the pages from each round (for example page 8): 11 should be replaced with 25.

Thank you ;)
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Postby sf2l » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:02 pm

When will the points be published?
sf2l

Postby yuhei » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:16 pm

27. For each puzzle, the instructions must be followed precisely to be awarded the points for the puzzle. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the solutions incompatible with the rules will be considered incorrect. The list of exceptions may be released before each of the rounds.

My teammates are afraid about to what extent they should precisely obey the instructions for each puzzle. For example, should they shade unpassed cells for Yajilin?
Besides I would like to know whether the list of exceptions may be released in written form or just by mouth before the start of each round. Since not all participants are good at English listening, any consideration for them would be appreciated when verbal announcement of telling the change of something just before the rounds would be made.
(Needless to say it's me who should take responsibility to bridge the communication between Japanese teams and organizers, but unfortunately on 20th October I won't be at the competition hall because I will attend the WPF General Assembly)
yuhei

Postby zuzka » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:27 pm

yuhei wrote:27. For each puzzle, the instructions must be followed precisely to be awarded the points for the puzzle. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the solutions incompatible with the rules will be considered incorrect. The list of exceptions may be released before each of the rounds.

My teammates are afraid about to what extent they should precisely obey the instructions for each puzzle. For example, should they shade unpassed cells for Yajilin?
Besides I would like to know whether the list of exceptions may be released in written form or just by mouth before the start of each round. Since not all participants are good at English listening, any consideration for them would be appreciated when verbal announcement of telling the change of something just before the rounds would be made.
(Needless to say it's me who should take responsibility to bridge the communication between Japanese teams and organizers, but unfortunately on 20th October I won't be at the competition hall because I will attend the WPF General Assembly)

Yuhei, this is exactly an example of a puzzle that needs clarification. We want to avoid any inconsistencies when marking the puzzles.
Yes, the rules will be published in a written form and no, it won't be on the competition days. I think it is fair to publish it online before the Q&A session if further clarifications are needed. Is that OK?
Zuzana Hromcová, WSC Tournament Director
zuzka

Postby yuhei » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 pm

zuzka wrote:
yuhei wrote:27. For each puzzle, the instructions must be followed precisely to be awarded the points for the puzzle. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the solutions incompatible with the rules will be considered incorrect. The list of exceptions may be released before each of the rounds.

Yuhei, this is exactly an example of a puzzle that needs clarification. We want to avoid any inconsistencies when marking the puzzles.
Yes, the rules will be published in a written form and no, it won't be on the competition days. I think it is fair to publish it online before the Q&A session if further clarifications are needed. Is that OK?

Thank you so much!
If there is further confirmation regarding answering needed, I will post it on appropriate thread of each round.
yuhei

Postby Matus » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:14 am

Please note that the Rounds 16 - Pentominoes and 17 - Stickers will be switched at the competition.
We apologize for the possible inconvenience.

Here is the actual list of the WPC rounds:
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Postby Joo M.Y » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 am

When you will upload new version of WPC IB? Today? :?: :?: :?:

- Minyoung Joo
Joo M.Y

Next

Return to WSC/WPC 2016