WPC - Round 14

WPC - Round 14

Postby Matus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Questions related to the Round 14.
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Re: WPC - Round 14

Postby AndreyBogdanov » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Can scyscrapers clues be a part of othe puzzle?
AndreyBogdanov

Postby Matus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:28 pm

AndreyBogdanov wrote:Can scyscrapers clues be a part of othe puzzle?

Andrey, do you mean the inner clues?
Yes, some numbers may be given inside the Skyscraper puzzle.
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Postby rob » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Matus wrote:
AndreyBogdanov wrote:Can scyscrapers clues be a part of othe puzzle?

Andrey, do you mean the inner clues?
Yes, some numbers may be given inside the Skyscraper puzzle.

This is quite unexpected!

I expect the question to be about outside clues, though: The instructions say the puzzle is a 7x7 square, but if it's a skyscrapers puzzle with outside clues, what about the clues? Are they part of the skyscrapers puzzle? Are they in no mans land? Are they part of another puzzle? (And what about absent outside clues, can other puzzles touch the edge of the skyscrapers grid?)
rob

Postby Matus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:17 pm

rob wrote:I expect the question to be about outside clues, though: The instructions say the puzzle is a 7x7 square, but if it's a skyscrapers puzzle with outside clues, what about the clues? Are they part of the skyscrapers puzzle? Are they in no mans land? Are they part of another puzzle? (And what about absent outside clues, can other puzzles touch the edge of the skyscrapers grid?)

Yes, I also expected question like this, but I needed some time to prepare another image ;)
Besides that, I think is fair to say that there will be some given numbers inside (it is not so common in Skyscraper puzzles).

Sorry for that. Here is the image. As you may see, all the outside Skyscrapers clues are part of the Skyscrapers and all the other cells are part of another puzzles. So yes, other puzzles can (not only can - they must!) touch the edge of the Skyscrapers grid.
The green cells are part of the Skyscrapers puzzle, the yellow ones are part of another puzzle or puzzles.

The same is also valid for the Tapa and Two Step Maze puzzles. As you may notice from the Instructions Booklet, no empty cells on the edge are allowed in these puzzles. In general - no empty cells may appear on the grid edge of any puzzle in this round.
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Postby yuhei » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:07 pm

12. TWO STEP MAZE
like in round 7, are bold segments (mean that the way should not pass through them) given in the grid?
If so, is it true that all such segments in the grid are not the borders of puzzles but the clues of Two Step Maze?

13. YAJILIN
Suppose there is no statement that the grid must be rectangle, is it allowed to arrange shaded cell(s) like the attached image?
Attachments
yajilin.png
yajilin.png (9.53 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
yuhei

Postby Matus » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:25 pm

yuhei wrote:12. TWO STEP MAZE
like in round 7, are bold segments (mean that the way should not pass through them) given in the grid?
If so, is it true that all such segments in the grid are not the borders of puzzles but the clues of Two Step Maze?

Good question, thank you. No bold segments are given in the grid.

yuhei wrote:13. YAJILIN
Suppose there is no statement that the grid must be rectangle, is it allowed to arrange shaded cell(s) like the attached image?

Yes, it is allowed :)
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Return to WSC/WPC 2016