WPC - Round 17

WPC - Round 17

Postby Matus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Questions related to the Round 17.
Matúš Demiger
Matus
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am

Re: WPC - Round 17

Postby Matus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Puzzle 2 - Products: This sentence was erased: The numbers cannot touch each other, not even diagonally.

Here is the updated version of the instructions:
Mark the positions of numbers from 1 to 24 (from 1 to 10 in the example) in the grid so that each number appears exactly once. Every row, column and main diagonal must contain exactly two numbers. Each cell must contain at most one number. The numbers outside the grid indicate the product of the two numbers in the corresponding row, column or diagonal.
Matúš Demiger
Matus
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am

Re: WPC - Round 17

Postby sf2l » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:59 am

should we make a mistake, should we receive any white stickers to cover up the mistakes and spare stickers to amend them?
sf2l
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 am

Re: WPC - Round 17

Postby Matus » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:55 am

sf2l wrote:should we make a mistake, should we receive any white stickers to cover up the mistakes and spare stickers to amend them?


Hi Stefano, no white stickers will be available, but we will give you some spare stickers.
As we have tested the adhesiveness of the stickers it is possible to unstick and stick them again few times (but not so many).
Matúš Demiger
Matus
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am

Re: WPC - Round 17

Postby rob » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Could you perhaps state the basic rules a bit more precisely? I assume that the intention is to not use any kind of marks apart from the stickers. But right now it's not clear that scratching with your fingernails or tearing up the sticker background or intentionally touching with fingers that are dirty from fixing your bike chain is forbidden. (I would say all such attempts to bypass the spirit of the round should be considered cheating.)

Also, how exactly does Double Block work? We get two colours of stickers, or do we get some stickers that have "3" printed on them?
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 17

Postby Matus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:44 am

rob wrote:Could you perhaps state the basic rules a bit more precisely? I assume that the intention is to not use any kind of marks apart from the stickers. But right now it's not clear that scratching with your fingernails or tearing up the sticker background or intentionally touching with fingers that are dirty from fixing your bike chain is forbidden. (I would say all such attempts to bypass the spirit of the round should be considered cheating.)


It is not possible for us to forbid nail scratching, but we as we said in the instructions - the only permitted item is the set of stickers.

rob wrote:Also, how exactly does Double Block work? We get two colours of stickers, or do we get some stickers that have "3" printed on them?


No, three stickers in each row and each column will be enough 8-)
Matúš Demiger
Matus
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am

Re: WPC - Round 17

Postby rob » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:30 am

Matus wrote:
rob wrote:Could you perhaps state the basic rules a bit more precisely? I assume that the intention is to not use any kind of marks apart from the stickers. But right now it's not clear that scratching with your fingernails or tearing up the sticker background or intentionally touching with fingers that are dirty from fixing your bike chain is forbidden. (I would say all such attempts to bypass the spirit of the round should be considered cheating.)


It is not possible for us to forbid nail scratching, but we as we said in the instructions - the only permitted item is the set of stickers.


Ok, that's fine.

(I disagree, of course it's possible to forbid it, and there are some good arguments to be made against a philosophy of "anything that's not explicitly prohibited is fine", but this is probably not the best time/place to have that discussion.)
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 17

Postby Matus » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 am

rob wrote:
Matus wrote:
rob wrote:Could you perhaps state the basic rules a bit more precisely? I assume that the intention is to not use any kind of marks apart from the stickers. But right now it's not clear that scratching with your fingernails or tearing up the sticker background or intentionally touching with fingers that are dirty from fixing your bike chain is forbidden. (I would say all such attempts to bypass the spirit of the round should be considered cheating.)


It is not possible for us to forbid nail scratching, but we as we said in the instructions - the only permitted item is the set of stickers.


Ok, that's fine.

(I disagree, of course it's possible to forbid it, and there are some good arguments to be made against a philosophy of "anything that's not explicitly prohibited is fine", but this is probably not the best time/place to have that discussion.)


We decided to forbid all kinds of marking apart from stickers. Nail scratching and tearing the empty sheets of the stickers are also forbidden.
Rob, thank you for noticing that :)
Matúš Demiger
Matus
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am


Return to WSC/WPC 2016

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron