WSC - Round 7

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

WSC - Round 7

Postby QZuzka » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:01 am

Questions related to WSC Round 7.
QZuzka
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Round 7 contents

Postby KrtekHonza » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Individual round 7 - Flip-flop classics
Manipulative task based on classic sudoku.
Check the last page of IB, cut out and glue together the practice puzzle.
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby Serene » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:59 am

1. Just to clarify. For the boxes on the corner, can we bend two extra squares to the same side and let one be on top of the other? (I guess we can according to the sample puzzle on the upper left corner)
2. Are we allowed to bring blank paper to support us?
Serene
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:32 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby KrtekHonza » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:03 am

Serene wrote:1. Just to clarify. For the boxes on the corner, can we bend two extra squares to the same side and let one be on top of the other? (I guess we can according to the sample puzzle on the upper left corner)
2. Are we allowed to bring blank paper to support us?


1. Yes
2. Yes
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby Ours brun » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 am

To add to Tantan's questions:

1. Will some empty grids be provided?
2. If not, are we allowed to bring paper with empty grids printed/drawn on it, or only blank paper?
3. For grading purposes, I guess only the actual puzzle will be checked, and any other paper will be ignored?
Ours brun
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby KrtekHonza » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:43 am

Ours brun wrote:To add to Tantan's questions:

1. Will some empty grids be provided?
2. If not, are we allowed to bring paper with empty grids printed/drawn on it, or only blank paper?
3. For grading purposes, I guess only the actual puzzle will be checked, and any other paper will be ignored?


1. Don't know yet. Testsolvers didn't need them. But maybe it is not a bad idea. It is not finally decided how this round be delivered to you.
2. Yes. (blank grids are ok)
3. Yes. (only the actual puzzle will be checked)
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby Detuned » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:58 pm

I just had a go at this with a home-made version of the puzzle in the IB. Inevitably the way I lined up the puzzles and made the cuts was not perfect, and with the bending of the paper it was a little tricky to keep the folds in place - I ended up having to use some tape to help me fix down the folds because otherwise I was getting too distracted to solve the puzzle.

I'm conscious that the use of tape is likely to be a little noisy, so my question is: will tape be permitted for this round?
Detuned
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby KrtekHonza » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:30 am

Detuned wrote:I just had a go at this with a home-made version of the puzzle in the IB. Inevitably the way I lined up the puzzles and made the cuts was not perfect, and with the bending of the paper it was a little tricky to keep the folds in place - I ended up having to use some tape to help me fix down the folds because otherwise I was getting too distracted to solve the puzzle.

I'm conscious that the use of tape is likely to be a little noisy, so my question is: will tape be permitted for this round?


ad Flip-flop classics
I don't see reasons at the moment to forbid you the ways you find useful to successfully solve this puzzle. Feel free to take a tape / glue with you to Prague. On the other hand we keep the right to tell you during Q&A session at latest how will this round work, what will be the recommendations and restrictions.
(At the moment I assume that 1 front page, 1 puzzle and 1 paper with 4 blank grids will be given to you; and tape/glue will be not necessary but not forbidden as well. Let us check everything and say the final instructions during Q&A session.)
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby sinchai4547 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:57 am

1.Will the puzzle will bee cut between extra square? It is easy to fold and solve it.
2. If not, Can i cut it?
sinchai4547
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:53 am

Re: WSC - Round 7

Postby KrtekHonza » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:35 am

sinchai4547 wrote:1.Will the puzzle will bee cut between extra square? It is easy to fold and solve it.
2. If not, Can i cut it?


Yes. Our current idea is to print the puzzle on one paper (professional two-side match), cut out and cut between extra squares. So your task will be "just" to solve the puzzle. It should not be necessary to waste time with glue, extra grids, etc. I hope we will not fail to prepare it in the described way.
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Next

Return to WSC/WPC 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron