WSC - Team Round 2

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

WSC - Team Round 2

Postby JanZverina » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:40 am

Questions related to WSC Team Round 2.
JanZverina
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: WSC - Team Round 2

Postby Para » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 am

General layout question. Will the puzzles all be printed in the same orientation, or will they be printed in different orientations so puzzlers can stand around the puzzle looking at a different grid?
Para
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Team Round 2 contents

Postby KrtekHonza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 am

Team round 2 - Mysterious samurai
4 fully independent puzzles on 4 separate A3 sheets, standard 5-grid samurais, 5 sets of rules to be paired with the grids
See in instruction booklet which sudoku types are used. Check http://wscwpc2018.cz/download/ for a practical example from Czech Sudoku Championship 2018 provided for you to practice (there are 7 grids instead of 5).
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Samurai layout

Postby KrtekHonza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 am

Para wrote:General layout question. Will the puzzles all be printed in the same orientation, or will they be printed in different orientations so puzzlers can stand around the puzzle looking at a different grid?


Everything on one sheet is facing the same direction as the partial grids are directly interconnected. It is up to you to plan your team cooperation, to learn how to write left-handed and up-side-down :-)
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Re: WSC - Team Round 2

Postby Kota » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:05 am

2-1) Distance to 5
Can two grey cells of 5 point each other (in the distance of 5)?
Kota
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:10 am

Re: WSC - Team Round 2

Postby Kota » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:20 am

2-5), 4-1), 4-2)
If the adjacent cells of the grey cell in 2-5), and the cells touching the pair of cells in 4-1) and 4-2) are outside of 9*9 grids,
we don't have to consider the rules for such cells?

3-1)-3-5)
If (a part of) the line is in the interconnected 3*3 block, are both rules of the two grids applied in the line?
Kota
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:10 am

Re: WSC - Team Round 2

Postby KrtekHonza » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:39 am

Kota wrote:2-1) Distance to 5
Can two grey cells of 5 point each other (in the distance of 5)?


Let's make it more simple: I have checked the competition puzzle and added a sentense to the instructions: "Digit 5 cannot be placed in a grey cell."
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Re: WSC - Team Round 2

Postby KrtekHonza » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:48 am

Kota wrote:2-5), 4-1), 4-2)
If the adjacent cells of the grey cell in 2-5), and the cells touching the pair of cells in 4-1) and 4-2) are outside of 9*9 grids,
we don't have to consider the rules for such cells?

3-1)-3-5)
If (a part of) the line is in the interconnected 3*3 block, are both rules of the two grids applied in the line?


Good questions, I was going to talk about this during Q&A session.
1) There are no decorations in the shared 3×3 boxes.
2) When you are evaluating rules of one grid, you should inspect only cells inside that 9×9 grid.
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Re: WSC - Team Round 2

Postby TiiT » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 pm

In 4-2 Count odd. Should the given hint in the column 5 (Between R7 and 8) be '5' instead of '6' ?
TiiT
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:20 am

Re: WSC - Team Round 2

Postby KrtekHonza » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 am

TiiT wrote:In 4-2 Count odd. Should the given hint in the column 5 (Between R7 and 8) be '5' instead of '6' ?


Yes.
KrtekHonza
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am


Return to WSC/WPC 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron