Page 1 of 1

WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:29 am
by QZuzka
Questions regarding WPC Round 1

Re: WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 am
by Para
Puzzle 8 Aquarium: To clarify, if a shape has a different legs that are only connected higher up, both legs have to be filled the same height. For example a shape consisting of R1C123,R2C13 and R3C13. If I fill R3C1 from the top, R3C3 also automatically fills.
I’ve seen similar puzzles on Puzzle Picnic, but they are not the same as I understand it. Look at this puzzle (http://puzzlepicnic.com/puzzle?594) for example, as I read it, this would not be a valid puzzle in your rule set.

Re: WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 pm
by jhrdina
Para wrote:Puzzle 8 Aquarium: To clarify, if a shape has a different legs that are only connected higher up, both legs have to be filled the same height. For example a shape consisting of R1C123,R2C13 and R3C13. If I fill R3C1 from the top, R3C3 also automatically fills.
I’ve seen similar puzzles on Puzzle Picnic, but they are not the same as I understand it. Look at this puzzle (http://puzzlepicnic.com/puzzle?594) for example, as I read it, this would not be a valid puzzle in your rule set.


Your assumption is correct. The water level must be the same (reach the same row) in all parts of the same shape.

Re: WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm
by jhrdina
Round 1 - Shading
Mostly classic puzzles using shading/painting principle

Re: WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:01 pm
by Serene
11) Kuromasu
The number in the bottom row should be 7 instead of 8

Re: WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:27 pm
by jhrdina
Serene wrote:11) Kuromasu
The number in the bottom row should be 7 instead of 8


You are right. It will be fixed in the new version of the booklet.

Re: WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:45 am
by Kota
1) Shakashaka
Is to solve with writing only diagonal lines, instead of shading?

Re: WPC - Round 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:56 am
by jhrdina
Kota wrote:1) Shakashaka
Is to solve with writing only diagonal lines, instead of shading?


I think it is acceptable as far as you clearly outline all the rectangles and there are no additional diagonal lines written in the grid to be confused with the solution.