WPC - General questions

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

WPC - General questions

Postby QZuzka » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 am

General questions to WPC
QZuzka

Re: WPC - General questions

Postby Para » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:12 pm

There’s no threads set up for Team Rounds 2 and 3 yet.
Para

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Para wrote:There’s no threads set up for Team Rounds 2 and 3 yet.

I have just created them.
jhrdina

Postby Matus » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi, would it be possible to underline/highlight all the changes you made in the final version of IB? I do not think that publishing new version of IB every other day is a good idea, especially for those who already have their booklet printed.

Thanks!
Matus
Matúš Demiger
Matus

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Matus wrote:Hi, would it be possible to underline/highlight all the changes you made in the final version of IB? I do not think that publishing new version of IB every other day is a good idea, especially for those who already have their booklet printed.

Thanks!
Matus

Hi Matus, the list of all the changes is in the thread WPC IB correction log. I am sorry they are so many :( and I am afraid we are not able to highlight the changes in the booklet. But I can at least try to provide some summary. Jirka
jhrdina

Postby jhrdina » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:10 am

Dear friends,
In the effort to give you the Instruction booklet early we have apparently did not pay enough attention to double checking all the examples. They are mostly just illustrative of the puzzle principles, but misprints and multiple solutions may cause confusion.
I am sorry about that. We will fix all the examples and will publish the final version of IB at the beginning of next week. I will also prepare a summary of all the changes from the first version for those of you who have already printed it.
I hope you can still appreciate having the booklet published so early you can study all the rules in advance. And of course I believe you will enjoy the competition puzzles that have been tested very carefully.
Best regards
Jiri Hrdina, WPC Director
jhrdina

Postby kiwijam » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Jiri, thanks to you and your team for being so quick to respond and fix these issues. It is a positive experience.
You are right, it is much better for us to have an early booklet with some mistakes, than to wait and wait for a 'perfect' booklet.
These instructions are well-written, there is an interesting selection, and I look forward to seeing everybody and the (well-tested) WPC puzzles in 2 weeks time! :D
James
kiwijam

Postby sf2l » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:24 am

Could you please publish an emergency telephone number (for example in the practical instructions page) if something goes wrong and someone gets staranded/delayed/lost
sf2l

Postby jhrdina » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:17 pm

sf2l wrote:Could you please publish an emergency telephone number (for example in the practical instructions page) if something goes wrong and someone gets staranded/delayed/lost

Good idea, we will add it to the Practicalities on the championship web page.
jhrdina

Return to WSC/WPC 2018