WPC - Round 4

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

WPC - Round 4

Postby QZuzka » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Questions regarding WPC Round 4
QZuzka
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby Para » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Puzzle 7: Hexa Worms: Will all shapes be one cell wide paths, like in the example?

Puzzle 11: Seven Tetrominoes, will the tetrominoes be given? Reflections are counted as similar shapes, I assume.

Puzzle 17: Japanese Sums: I think 17 rows, should say 27 rows, assuming the same kind of figure is used in all puzzles.
Para
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Round 4 - Polygons
Puzzles in triangular, pentagonal or hexagonal grids
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Para wrote:Puzzle 7: Hexa Worms: Will all shapes be one cell wide paths, like in the example?

Puzzle 11: Seven Tetrominoes, will the tetrominoes be given? Reflections are counted as similar shapes, I assume.

Puzzle 17: Japanese Sums: I think 17 rows, should say 27 rows, assuming the same kind of figure is used in all puzzles.


Puzzle 7: Yes
Puzzle 11: Yes, yes
Puzzle 17: Yes, it is just a misprint
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby pwahs » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Puzzle 17:
I think there are multiple solutions for the example, the 6 in row 5 can be 2 instead (pyramids), and the 3 and 4 in the center of the skyscraper can be swapped?
pwahs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:27 am

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 pm

pwahs wrote:Puzzle 17:
I think there are multiple solutions for the example, the 6 in row 5 can be 2 instead (pyramids), and the 3 and 4 in the center of the skyscraper can be swapped?


You are right. I will try to fix it, but take it as an illustration of the principles of the puzzle at least.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby kiwijam » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:57 pm

4) Antimagic hexagon: Is there a rule that the arrows must have different/consecutive sums? (Puzzle 5 has this rule)
kiwijam
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 am

kiwijam wrote:4) Antimagic hexagon: Is there a rule that the arrows must have different/consecutive sums? (Puzzle 5 has this rule)


You are right, the same rule applies to puzzle 4. It will be added in next version of IB
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby rob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Puzzle 5: Antimagic hexagon with double cells

Could you clarify what "add the other sums" applies to? For empty arrows (there are none in the example)? For unclued directions (then there would be duplicate values e.g. the middle row has sum 9 also)?
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 4

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:51 pm

jhrdina wrote:
kiwijam wrote:4) Antimagic hexagon: Is there a rule that the arrows must have different/consecutive sums? (Puzzle 5 has this rule)


You are right, the same rule applies to puzzle 4. It will be added in next version of IB


Well, the rules are OK, just the example is misleading. All the clues will be given in the competition puzzle.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Next

Return to WSC/WPC 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest