WPC - Round 5

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:20 pm

rob wrote:Puzzle 6: First seen snake

The example seems to have multiple solutions. E.g. I have a solution that starts in R1C2 going left, then down, right, up to connect with the given solution in R2C4. May well be missing something though.


Head and tail will be given, both in the example and in the competition puzzle.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:23 pm

sf2l wrote:Puzzle 9: Snail odd even.Rule says "Enter numbers 1- 3 in the grid....." is it the rule? or this is only valid for the example and the larger puzzle will have more numbers?


The number range is the same both for the example and for the competition puzzle.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby kiwijam » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:18 am

Puzzle 14) Nonconsecutive hitori: Should there be a rule that painted cells cannot be adjacent?
kiwijam
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:43 am

kiwijam wrote:Puzzle 14) Nonconsecutive hitori: Should there be a rule that painted cells cannot be adjacent?


This has already been fixed in IB v2
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby NikolaZ » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:59 am

Puzzle 11 - Semitransparent Snake: Can the tail of the snake (letter F) be invisible (4th, 8th... in the row)? If the answer is yes, then I have an additional question. If letters S and F are represented with the same darkness as in the given example, does it means that letter F in that case must be visible?

Puzzle 14 - Nonconsecutive Hitori: Just to clarify, two adjacent unshaded digits can be the same. Right?
NikolaZ
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby jhrdina » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:10 am

NikolaZ wrote:Puzzle 11 - Semitransparent Snake: Can the tail of the snake (letter F) be invisible (4th, 8th... in the row)? If the answer is yes, then I have an additional question. If letters S and F are represented with the same darkness as in the given example, does it means that letter F in that case must be visible?

Puzzle 14 - Nonconsecutive Hitori: Just to clarify, two adjacent unshaded digits can be the same. Right?


Puzzle 11 - Head and tail of the snake are visible
Puzzle 14 - Yes, the rule applies to adjacent consecutive digits only. The same digits can be in the same row/column, even next to each other.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby Para » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:05 am

5-7 Inner Coral: Do shaded clue cells count as white cells that need to be connected to the edge of the grid? If not, can white cells connect to the edge of the grid through clue cells.
Para
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: WPC - Round 5

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Para wrote:5-7 Inner Coral: Do shaded clue cells count as white cells that need to be connected to the edge of the grid? If not, can white cells connect to the edge of the grid through clue cells.


The clue cells count as white cells.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Previous

Return to WSC/WPC 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest