WPC - Round 6

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:40 pm

rob wrote:Puzzle 1: Loop around pentominoes

Just to be sure, if there were two Zs in the grid with one space in between, they would have to belong to different pentominoes. I.e., exactly one given per pentomino.


All the letters will be different.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby sf2l » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:51 pm

in the same puzzle: (loop around pentomino) must all pentominoes be inside the loop or there may be some outside the loop? The title suggests so but the rule is not equally clear
sf2l
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 am

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:27 pm

sf2l wrote:in the same puzzle: (loop around pentomino) must all pentominoes be inside the loop or there may be some outside the loop? The title suggests so but the rule is not equally clear


The title is a little misleading, the pentominoes can be anywhere.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby kiwijam » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:10 am

Puzzle 5) Snail on snake: There is a 1 missing from the answer grid.
kiwijam
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby kiwijam » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 am

Puzzle 15) Kakuro domino: The 10-hint in the example should be a 9.
kiwijam
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby jhrdina » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:16 pm

kiwijam wrote:Puzzle 15) Kakuro domino: The 10-hint in the example should be a 9.


Puzzle 5 and 15. Thanks for spotting the misprints, we will fix it in the final version.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby pwahs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Puzzle 7: Nurikabe Tapa

Do we know that there is only one connected sequence of black cells around each number? Or can, for example, a written 3 be interpreted as 3,3 for the Tapa condition?
pwahs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:27 am

Re: WPC - Round 6

Postby jhrdina » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:01 pm

pwahs wrote:Puzzle 7: Nurikabe Tapa

Do we know that there is only one connected sequence of black cells around each number? Or can, for example, a written 3 be interpreted as 3,3 for the Tapa condition?


It is only one number that applies to both Nurikabe and Tapa. So for Tapa it means just one connected sequence of black cells.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Previous

Return to WSC/WPC 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron