WPC - Round 10

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

WPC - Round 10

Postby QZuzka » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Questions related to WPC Round 10.
QZuzka
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: WPC - Round 10

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Round 10 - Double trouble
Two puzzles of the same type combined in one grid
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 10

Postby kiwijam » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:17 am

Puzzle 9) Double doubleblock: (Nice name!) Should the example have two cells shaded in the upper-right corner?
kiwijam
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: WPC - Round 10

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:57 am

kiwijam wrote:Puzzle 9) Double doubleblock: (Nice name!) Should the example have two cells shaded in the upper-right corner?


That is right. Will fix it in the next version of IB.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 10

Postby rob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Puzzle 2: Double snake

What does it mean that the snakes can touch each other? If the clues in row 5 and 6 were 2,2, would it be a valid puzzle with a B in R5C4 instead of R6C3?
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 10

Postby rob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Puzzle 3-4: Double skyscrapers (and most of the remaining puzzles of the round)

Will we be given two blank grids?
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 10

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:49 pm

rob wrote:Puzzle 2: Double snake

What does it mean that the snakes can touch each other? If the clues in row 5 and 6 were 2,2, would it be a valid puzzle with a B in R5C4 instead of R6C3?


No it would not. They can touch side by side only at the crossing (where they actually overlap). I will try to specify the rule in more detail.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 10

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:06 pm

rob wrote:Puzzle 3-4: Double skyscrapers (and most of the remaining puzzles of the round)

Will we be given two blank grids?


Yes, whenever you need to split the puzzle in two you will be given 2 blank grids.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am


Return to WSC/WPC 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron