WPC - Team 3

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

WPC - Team 3

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Interconnected
9 individual puzzles have to be placed in a 3x3 pattern to create a single closed loop going through all the puzzles
jhrdina

Re: WPC - Team 3

Postby Para » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Can clues that are outside a grid end up inside the constructed puzzle?
Can the puzzles be rotated? If not, will it be clear which way is the right orientation for the puzzle?
Para

Postby kiwijam » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 pm

This round has two different names: "Ariadne's thread" on page 2 and "Interconnected" on page 83.
kiwijam

Postby pwahs » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:59 am

Railroad and password paths require the paths to have a direction along which to increase the numbers/read the password. Do we choose this direction once globally, or once per puzzle or once per path?
pwahs

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Para wrote:Can clues that are outside a grid end up inside the constructed puzzle?
Can the puzzles be rotated? If not, will it be clear which way is the right orientation for the puzzle?

The clues belong to their own puzzle only. Only the inner parts of all the puzzles will be combined to create the loop and the clues are not used at this stage.
Orientation of all the puzzles will be given and clearly marked.
jhrdina

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

kiwijam wrote:This round has two different names: "Ariadne's thread" on page 2 and "Interconnected" on page 83.

Yes, we are a little schizofrenic :D We will choose one and unify it.
jhrdina

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:32 pm

pwahs wrote:Railroad and password paths require the paths to have a direction along which to increase the numbers/read the password. Do we choose this direction once globally, or once per puzzle or once per path?

The direction will be valid globally.
jhrdina

Postby Para » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:40 pm

jhrdina wrote:
Para wrote:Can clues that are outside a grid end up inside the constructed puzzle?

The clues belong to their own puzzle only. Only the inner parts of all the puzzles will be combined to create the loop and the clues are not used at this stage.

That didn't really answer my questions.
What I was wondering is whether other puzzles can be placed on the clued side of grids with outside clues? As I'm understanding the Round we get 9 loose puzzles and we have to place them in the right spot each to create a single puzzle.

Also, just to confirm, puzzles can't be rotated?
Para

Postby jhrdina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Para wrote:
jhrdina wrote:

That didn't really answer my questions.
What I was wondering is whether other puzzles can be placed on the clued side of grids with outside clues? As I'm understanding the Round we get 9 loose puzzles and we have to place them in the right spot each to create a single puzzle.

Also, just to confirm, puzzles can't be rotated?

Got it now (I hope).
The clued puzzles can be placed in any position and other puzzles can be placed on the clued sides.
Puzzles cannot be rotated.
jhrdina

Postby rob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:08 pm

The rules for 7.12 Country Road were changed to require every room to be visited. Here they state that every room is visited at most once. Is the difference intentional? If yes, could you perhaps highlight the difference in the rules, e.g. by making the differing parts bold?
rob

Next

Return to WSC/WPC 2018