Czech Puzzle Championship 2017

Czech Puzzle Championship 2017

Postby JanZverina » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:04 am

The instruction booklet for the individual puzzle competition has been published on our association´s website:

http://sudokualogika.cz/sites/default/f ... n%20v1.pdf

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.
JanZverina

Re: Czech Puzzle Championship 2017

Postby yuhei » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Jan,
Thank you for preparing IB in English! Here are some questions and comments:

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 1>
LITS: In page 3 the title is "5+6) LITS", but on the list in page 2 it's "5) LITS". How many puzzles in the actual test?
JAPANESE CORAL SUMS: In Czech version there is a sentence "Součty jsou uvedené ve správném pořadí." which means "Sums are listed in the correct order", but not such a sentence in English version.
SIZE MATTERS: In Czech version there is a sentence "Některá černá políčka jsou již vyznačena, vyznačte všechna ostatní." which means "Some cells are already shaded", but not such a sentence in English version.

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 2>
LIAR SLITHERLINK: The first sentence says "Draw a single, non-intersecting loop that only consists of horizontal and vertical segments between the dots", but there must be diagonal segments as the last sentence states.
PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY: The example has multiple solutions. (in 2*3 rectangles, the loop can pass the middle two cells vertically)

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 3>
List: In Czech version "Diagonální cihly" is only No.11 and there is Kakuro in No.27, but in English version there are two "Diagonal Bricks" in No.11 and No.12, instead of Kakuro.
DOMINO SKYSCRAPERS: In the example, the right-side clue in the 2nd row should be 2, but it leads multiple solutions.
TRIPLE DOUBLE BLOCK: In the example, the 4th-column clue on the left grid should be 2. In the 3rd and 4th rows in the middle grid, 2 and 3 can be swapped.
DIFFERENT VIEWS: The example has multiple solutions. (in the 1st, 2nd and 7th row, Some digits can be placed in other cells)

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 4>
Overall: In Czech version, the contents of round 4 and round 5 are switched.
NEIGHBOURS: Do neighouring regions share only one edge-segment? (If they can share more than one segment, the example has multiple solutions)
COUNTRIES: In the example, the bottom clue in the 1st column should be 3.
FILLOMINO: The example has multiple solutions. (the shape of right 5-cell region can be slightly changed)

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 5>
EASY AS ABC: In the example, the right-side clue in the 4th row should be B.
INNER EASY AS ABCD: In Czech version there is a phrase "(v druhé tabulce A, B, C, D)" which means "A, B, C, D in the second puzzle", but not such a phrase in English version.
ABC BOX: The example has multiple solutions. (some letters can be changed in the 4th row)
DOMINO: The example has multiple solutions.
STARBATTLE: There is a hyphen in the example, which isn't mentioned in the rule. Can cells with hyphen contain a star?
DIAGONAL HALFDOMINOES: In the example. the clue "5" should be 4.

Thank you for reading!
Yuhei
yuhei

Postby JanZverina » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:25 pm

yuhei wrote:Hi Jan,
Thank you for preparing IB in English! Here are some questions and comments:

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 1>
LITS: In page 3 the title is "5+6) LITS", but on the list in page 2 it's "5) LITS". How many puzzles in the actual test?

There is only one LITS puzzle in the test.

JAPANESE CORAL SUMS: In Czech version there is a sentence "Součty jsou uvedené ve správném pořadí." which means "Sums are listed in the correct order", but not such a sentence in English version.

Yes, sums ARE listed in the correct order. It is a very important information, thanks for pointing it out.

SIZE MATTERS: In Czech version there is a sentence "Některá černá políčka jsou již vyznačena, vyznačte všechna ostatní." which means "Some cells are already shaded", but not such a sentence in English version.

For the Czech version, I used the exact instructions provided by the author. I intentionally omitted this sentence when translating it into English since I thought it was redundant. Now I realize it actually does give a piece of information - an empty grid requires different solving techniques. So I will add it to the English instructions.

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 2>
LIAR SLITHERLINK: The first sentence says "Draw a single, non-intersecting loop that only consists of horizontal and vertical segments between the dots", but there must be diagonal segments as the last sentence states.

I corrected the rules by mentioning the exemption in parenthesis after the first sentence.

PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY: The example has multiple solutions. (in 2*3 rectangles, the loop can pass the middle two cells vertically)

I corrected the puzzle by adding one more region.

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 3>
List: In Czech version "Diagonální cihly" is only No.11 and there is Kakuro in No.27, but in English version there are two "Diagonal Bricks" in No.11 and No.12, instead of Kakuro.

One puzzle was discarded and I forgot to update the numbering.

DOMINO SKYSCRAPERS: In the example, the right-side clue in the 2nd row should be 2, but it leads multiple solutions.

You are right, I corrected it.

TRIPLE DOUBLE BLOCK: In the example, the 4th-column clue on the left grid should be 2. In the 3rd and 4th rows in the middle grid, 2 and 3 can be swapped.

I corrected the clue and added a given to the second puzzle to make it unique.

DIFFERENT VIEWS: The example has multiple solutions. (in the 1st, 2nd and 7th row, Some digits can be placed in other cells)

I added some more clues, it should make the puzzle unique.

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 4>

Yes. It is fixed now.

NEIGHBOURS: Do neighouring regions share only one edge-segment? (If they can share more than one segment, the example has multiple solutions)

Neighbouring regions can share more than one segment. I will try to repairt the puzzle.

COUNTRIES: In the example, the bottom clue in the 1st column should be 3.

I corrected it.

FILLOMINO: The example has multiple solutions. (the shape of right 5-cell region can be slightly changed)

I will try to fix it.

<INDIVIDUAL ROUND 5>
EASY AS ABC: In the example, the right-side clue in the 4th row should be B.

Thanks, I fixed it.

INNER EASY AS ABCD: In Czech version there is a phrase "(v druhé tabulce A, B, C, D)" which means "A, B, C, D in the second puzzle", but not such a phrase in English version.

I added this phrase.

ABC BOX: The example has multiple solutions. (some letters can be changed in the 4th row)

It should be fixed after adding clues to C3.

DOMINO: The example has multiple solutions.

I will try to fix it.

STARBATTLE: There is a hyphen in the example, which isn't mentioned in the rule. Can cells with hyphen contain a star?

Cells with hyphen can not contain stars. The IB puzzle wasnt unique. There are no hyphens in the competition puzzles.

DIAGONAL HALFDOMINOES: In the example. the clue "5" should be 4.

Thanks for this and all other observations. I corrected it.

Thank you for reading!
Yuhei
JanZverina

Postby yuhei » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!
See you very soon,

Yuhei
yuhei

Postby JanZverina » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:04 am

Updated version of the IB with points and team rounds together with the IB for the sudoku tournament has been published on the website. Sorry for the delay. You can find the booklets here:
http://sudokualogika.cz/node/1642
JanZverina

Postby yuhei » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:43 am

Good job, Jan :)
yuhei

Return to Public section