WPC - Round 13

For updates and discussion about the 2018 event.
Forum rules
Please restrict all posts to topics relevant to the WSC/WPC 2018

WPC - Round 13

Postby QZuzka » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Questions related to WPC Round 13.
QZuzka
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Round 13 - Twisted
Coded puzzles, puzzles with incomplete or missing hints, liars, wrongs
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby sf2l » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:45 pm

puzzle 1 ABC box. first row. A?B becomes ABCC. Is this a typo or the first row has a type of twist I do not understand?
sf2l
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby rob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:35 pm

sf2l wrote:puzzle 1 ABC box. first row. A?B becomes ABCC. Is this a typo or the first row has a type of twist I do not understand?


Also the example doesn't solve uniquely with the clues as given.
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby rob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Puzzle 5: Coded doubleblock

Can coded clues take the value 0?
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby rob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Puzzle 10: Liar diagonal slitherlink

Is it enough for a number to be crossed by a diagonal for it to be a liar, or does the number of used edges actually have to be wrong? E.g., in the example, would the solution still be correct if the clue R1C4 was a 1? (The example is uniquely solvable without that, hence the question.)
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby rob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Puzzle 11: Liar masyu

Judging by the example, the final position of the clues is not necessarily unique?
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby rob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Puzzle 16: Wrong shikaku

The puzzle seems to be not unique. For example the middle 6 could be extended down by one to form an 8, and the 4 in R5 becomes a 2.
rob
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 pm

rob wrote:Puzzle 5: Coded doubleblock

Can coded clues take the value 0?


Yes they can.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: WPC - Round 13

Postby jhrdina » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:43 pm

rob wrote:Puzzle 10: Liar diagonal slitherlink

Is it enough for a number to be crossed by a diagonal for it to be a liar, or does the number of used edges actually have to be wrong? E.g., in the example, would the solution still be correct if the clue R1C4 was a 1? (The example is uniquely solvable without that, hence the question.)


The number of edges of the liar has to be actually wrong.
jhrdina
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Next

Return to WSC/WPC 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron